Sunday, October 20, 2013

No Laughing Matter

Not that I think TSA is any laughing matter, but I guess it was my coping mechanism.  I've cracked wise right here at this site, through the years.  I've even sarcastically mentioned that our government could save some serious dollars in the combination of TSA and Obamacare.  I mean just a little training and those patdowns could serve as exams.  Crank up that Xray machine to see through skin and not just clothes and everyone could at least have a chest Xray or bone density study.  The TSA was one of the first subjects I addressed when I began blogging.

Below is the link to the second blog I ever posted, right here at this site!
http://write-wing.blogspot.com/2005/01/feeling-free.html

http://www.westernjournalism.com/tsa-loudspeakers-threaten-travelers-arrest-joking-security/#cAUo4mFxu8xxYr0O.01

Nothing new at all.  While we the people get ourselves in a dither, these things have been going into place for years!

I am also including a video by Ray Stephens.   I will qualify this with one point of disagreement with his melodious observation.  He only included very recent powerful names in the news, but my Passport was retired after my trip to Philadelphia in 2004, which was following world travel prior to that.  The experience in the US airports after the USA Patriot Act is what introduced me to the "unfriendly skies" and in mentioning the private jets of politicians, he failed to include the mega-church pastors with their own private jets.  With this qualifying remark, I share, Ray Stephens, who creatively conveys in song, the disdain I feel.

The following Scripture was posted and repeated several times following 9/11, now it's been "gutted" and once again placed on billboards in it's "new condensed version."
If my people will humble themselves and pray, then I will heal their land.- 2 Chronicles 7:14"  

Here's the way it reads in Scripture, and I sure wish we'd have done it!
If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.   II Chronicles 7:14

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another translation, more accurate, makes it less of an "if" statement, and more of a defining statement:

"and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

It's who we were designed to be, and what we were designed to do.
A small difference in syntax, maybe... but significant when I think of the application, and recognizing His people when I see them.
Encouraging to think that, not only is there a place where all the earth is promised to be heard, but also that
"...the whole Earth is YHWH's, and everything in it."

Blog Archive