Friday, January 28, 2005

Feeling Free?

What is the definition of free? And just how many liberties shall we impede to preserve being free? Is there a difference between being free and feeling free? Who draws the line and defines the purpose of giving up personal liberties for the greater good of a free society?
I remember in one of the Presidential Debates, a gentleman told President Bush, he felt our intensified protection was coming at the price of our freedom. Our President stated to the effect that he didn't feel that was the case and that merely "resolved" the topic.
After taking a fairly extensive journey this past year into places we Americans are being told could be alarming, I discovered something. There was only one country out of six that I had to remove my shoes, and they were sandals . . . and be literally groped publicly by rather large women in charge. Now I had the option to be groped privately, but since "combative" appears to be a very subjective term, I felt safer with witnesses. As you are probably aware, the one country was America. Now if you are thinking . . . Well, we were attacked, we are at war, please let me share with you the names of the other countries. Israel at the time of a Holy Day, Greece preparing for the Olympics, England who is also in the same war America is, Turkey, I can't really say much as we were with a cruise tour, but I got to keep my shoes on while I showed them my passport and no one frisked me. Now France changed while we were there. The security did tighten when the President arrived for the commemoration of Normandy. France really appeared to intensify security to accommodate America's leader.
But I still have to ask. When standing in an airport, barefooted while some one "feels me" to determine my bra contains only underwires and me, is that feeling free or being free?

"And you shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, am trying to send u an -mail to solve the problem(somewhat but it will not go) gist of it, vote Congress to go on SS and get off their lifetime millions of dollars plan-will keep trying-the Goyim of your choice-love this and will be back!!(prefer to stay anon as your Goyim)

Anonymous said...

the Goyim says(to your last sentence) perhaps neither-yet i ponder where I would rather be, I answer, here in USA-as for being free, when under control by humans, it takes awhile to understand freedom-when under control by government, is there a choice?

Blog Archive