Sunday, August 04, 2013

RIP Bill of Rights . . .

As an internet journalist and blogger, I've been warning of the the demise of the Bill of Rights for some time, now.  It's not like TPTB [the powers that be] are just suddenly going to Tear Up the document.  No, it's been much more subtle than that.

We had the majority of people literally begging to give up freedom for the promise of safety after 9/11!  I remember the people snarling about privacy protection now, were the same ones touting, "Nothing to worry about if you've got nothing to hide!" when I was shouting NO to the USA Patriot Act and the declaration of two misplaced, misled wars.  So, I took to the blogosphere.  Now the "sides" have changed, but the issue and the argument remain.

I've done newsletters for years, but finally realized I could do that on the net, also.  As I read these bills, I'm not thinking we internet journalists will be "grandfathered in" if we don't get in lockstep with the political agenda of the corporate mainstream media.  On the other hand, I'm noticing the alternative news is developing a sort of "new mainstream trend" as well.

Those of us who are posting some discerning questions and alternative information, are being labeled.  It is often very tempting to jump on some bandwagon, but I can't.  Freedom of the press, free speech, and no laws about religion cannot be contained or even necessarily designated in detail without losing the concept of "free."  There are a number of things I don't agree with, and would rather not have forced upon me, but by that same token, I like the freedom to ignore those things or disagree with them.

Too many laws against things, only serve to actually favor other things.  I'm becoming increasingly aware that most of our political correctness involves anti-Bibleness.  I don't deserve a derogatory label for disagreeing with some political correct agenda.  I should be able to freely disagree, and I should be able to freely write about that.  I should be able to freely know that I have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness and that someone is not trying to undermine my liberty.

I realize for many people captivity means safety, and popularity means leadership, and trendy means right, but that isn't the case for all of us, and I'd like as much protection and as many rights as those who disagree with me, but have more power and more money.  If laws can be "bought and paid for" then our freedom has already been sold.  Truth doesn't have to be afraid of "the other side of the story . . ."
 FREElance

And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.  words of Messiah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Conversely:
Therefore my people are gone into captivity, because they have no knowledge: and their honourable men are famished, and their multitude dried up with thirst.
--Isaiah 5:13
Starving on GMO's. Poisoned by the water we drink... OH, yeah, that was promised, too:
Jeremiah 23:1-15

Blog Archive