Friday, May 13, 2011

Campaign Declarations, Already . . .

I say already, but actually the declarations of candidacy are several months later in '11 than they were in '07 for the 2008 elections. There were just about as many senators on the campaign trail by this time in 2007 as there were in Washington, still doing business. And I would dare say, our current administration appears to have proven, little experience is actually needed to be President of the United States. I believe he was a freshman senator, just 2 years on post and often voting with the comment "present," when he declared his presidential candidacy. He was the first to declare this round, but now three contenders have been added, and two being recognizable members of the GOP. I can't remember the first guy to declare, so that gives me insight as to the level of success I would expect for him, but I do think he's a libertarian. Now there's Newt and Ron Paul added. I'm not expecting big things out of either of them. I'm thankful that there are less than 18 months until the election, and I'm thankful I don't have a television. I am sickened that an incumbent believes he needs to raise $1,000,000,000, that's 1 Billion dollars to campaign against a bunch of late coming virtual nobodies to win a job that pays less than 1/2 a million a year! With investment thinking like that, it's no wonder our budget is in the sad state it's in. It would be interesting if our politics became unusual and wasn't just same ol' same ol', but I'm not holding my breath. I can't imagine the day when a real person that actually balanced a personal or business budget, whose word is their bond would ever run for the highest office in this land.
Wisdom crieth without; she uttereth her voice in the streets a Proverb of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive