Friday, April 01, 2011

Ncotine Gum

I'm thinking I might be heading in an interesting direction here at CoP. Since our current President seems to just be heading the same direction as his predecessors after all the "hope and change" talk, I just don't find that much to discuss. I can't see that he's less war-mongering than George W. Bush. I can't see that he's any more fiscally for the Middle Class than Reagan was. And from what I can tell, he's as good at juggling statistics as any politician, so I find him the exact opposite of "hope and change." What is that "despair and repeat?" Anyway, something occurred to me this morning after hearing more places that are going "smoke free." The first thing that occurred to me is that I'm glad I quit nearly 20 years ago. I just don't think I'd do well having nic-fits in a virtually smoke free society. The next thought was, I'd just have to be a nicotine gum chewer. So far, as I can tell, gum chewing is still legal, although the way some folks do it, there should be a fine or permit involved! Then it hit me. Tobacco has been a controlled crop for a number of years. You know, a special 3 letter government agency keeps tabs on it, only too many people were either getting sick, or so they say, costing the insurance and pharmaceutical companies out of their profit, so . . . Cracking down on smoking in public is yet another way to control the tobacco farming industry, thus farmers losing yet another crop, but Big Pharm actually makes money making and selling chemically produced nicotine gum. So now, we have smokers that are chewers, but the old fashioned "chaw" and spit isn't so socially acceptable, especially for women, so again, there's the socially acceptable gum. It won't be long, til the big pharmaceutical companies have it all to themselves. By the time all of our vices and addictions can e chemically manufactured, they'll own us all! And we'll be happy to pay to pay for the "fix" that is legal.
Then Pharaoh also called the wise men and the sorcerers: now the magicians of Egypt, they also did in like manner with their enchantments. Torah of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive