Tuesday, October 12, 2010

News and Such

I read this article a few days ago and planned to blog about it, but I also wanted to search for more sources, which has led me to even more to blog about.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/10/08/senate-office-host-health-fair-covered-staffers/

I'm quite sure that the Senate sees to their own needs ahead of we the people. I'm quite sure most politicians do, but in the wake of financial crisis and health care reform, I was less than impressed with the event. As I Googled the event, I happened upon some more interesting information. All of the other sources in the list were simply posting and commenting about this one single article. I couldn't find a thing on the subject on any other national news source. That got me thinking even more about not just our politics, but questioning what we really do know and what it being embellished or filtered. Obviously, I don't have a real good answer to that one yet . . .
But I will say this. If the Senate, which already has wonderful health care and great salaries is spending our tax dollars this way, it's reprehensible. If this has gone on and only one news source reported it, also reprehensible. If the report has any embellishment to it, again, reprehensible.
Wouldn't it be wonderful to actually know the news is the news, just the news, nothing but the news, and wouldn't it be wonderful to know our Senate wasn't spending the taxpayer's money, foolishly?
He that is first in his own cause seemeth just; but his neighbour cometh and searcheth him. a Proverb of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive