Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Words of Wisdom Two Years Late . . .

"The truth is, it's going to take a few years to fully dig ourselves out of this recession. It's going to take time to bring back 8 million jobs," the president said Tuesday while campaigning for Democratic candidates in Seattle. "Anybody who tells you otherwise is just looking for your vote."

Well, then, now that he's had the job for over a year and a half, President Obama doesn't find it quite as quick and easy as Candidate Obama promised . . . but then I think he summed that up well for us in this paragraph. I'm far from being a republican, and I'm not wearing tea bags on my head and singing the Star Spangled Banner all day, but usually when all the campaign promises have gone by the way side, the mid-term elections bring change, and after all, Candidate Obama did promise change. Maybe it's not the one he had in mind, but I do think it's probably one change that is doable quicker than a few years. And considering he's not just stumping but fund raising, I think I'm ready to see what other change may be on the horizon. So far all this change and recovery has me saving my change and glad I'm working.
There is nothing better for a man, than that he should eat and drink, and that he should make his soul enjoy good in his labour. This also I saw, that it was from the hand of G~D. Writings of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive