Friday, August 27, 2010

Dumb and Pretty . . . Pretty Dumb

It seems in our society that looks and lack of brains tend to be associated and usually with females. I could present a current list, but that would take away from my point. The point is, looks and lack of intelligence is not just a trait of the female gender. I was absolutely underwhelmed when I read of Brad Pitt's latest political comment. As a staunch progressive, he's been vocal against the death penalty and although I do not consider myself to be a progressive, but for religious reasons, I oppose the death penalty also. Brad has now apparently changed his view. Due to the long term potential damage, the mess of BP in the Gulf should be dealt with with the death penalty. Brad, please! You're not cute enough to be that dumb! Nobody is! But I do appreciate knowing it's not exclusively reserved for the feminine gender.
Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding. a Proverb of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive