Monday, August 09, 2010

Just a Curious Idea . . .

I can't help but wonder about the economy. If it's improving, why so many articles on penny pinching? If the unemployment statistics are lower, why so many pieces written on starting your own business instead of job hunting? Actually I do know why the unemployment figures are dropping. Many people have been unemployed so long, they are no longer eligible for benefits. The reality is, "they" whoever "they" are, are putting out some propaganda that we the people are supposed to be buying! I guess if we middle class hard working consumers buy "their" propaganda, that will somehow get the economy moving. The only thing I can think of to do with the spin that "it's getting better," is fertilize my garden. I do smell a rat in this deal, I just can't decide where it is. I know we are supposed to be believing what is being said, in order for "we the people" to resolve this crisis through spending and credit and dropping our own standard of living, without disturbing the lifestyle of the politicians and pundits; i.e., the aristocrats of our society. I'm sure, once we common folks accept our new standard of living, and adjust to a lesser status in our country, "they" will tell us, the economy has recovered . . . I believe this is our opportunity to tune "them" out and replace our lavish materialism with spiritual reality! That is something "they" cannot control, legislate, or take away.
I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich). . . Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: the Revelation

No comments:

Blog Archive