Friday, November 20, 2009

Politicizing Greed Doesn't Solve the Problem

Basically, every time I read the headlines, we have one group of people who do not want to pay for the needs of the other group of people and we have the other group of people that think everyone should share, but don't actually have anything of their own to share. Then there's the average American just trying to take care of what they do have to best of their ability and hope their job hangs on, and they can continue to make their house payment and pay their light bill. What I don't understand in a country that supposedly espouses the rule of the majority, how it turns out the extreme minorities on both ends of the argument are the ones that cause legislation on all of us. I don't want health care reform, legislated and I don't really care to be rich. I would like to have just enough to share with those in need. I'm not talking about the perpetual state of needy, which is really sort of greed turned inside out, but just those that hit hard times from time to time while they are trying to take care of their lives. And I'd like just enough to leave an inheritance to my grandchildren some day. I'm not talking a big one, as a matter of fact, I think coming in under the death tax would be great for them and me, but our government truly seems to believe, and this is either side of the aisle, they know better than we do, how to make decisions for our lives. I don't want to live like a high rolling politician, but fortunately that won't be a problem. The high rolling politicians don't want "we the people" living like they do, either. What we the people need to do is realize our dependency is increasing all around. We depend upon the government for almost everything and we depend upon foreign trade for all of our stuff we buy with credit cards. The only thing Americans are managing to decide on their own to make is little Americans, and then either get on some sort of program, or take them to day care to go to work, to buy them stuff.
And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. New Testament

No comments:

Blog Archive