Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Coincidence

This is still pertaining to the subject of the last blog, because I am shocked at the coincidental events that have accompanied this trial and I am truly horrified as to where this might lead. First, let me say, I am in no way defending Zacarias Moussaoui, he very clearly stated how he feels about the United States. So, other than the fact, he just happens to be the one on trial, and by that I am acknowledging the large number of people that are not fans of the American way of life, and happen to have access into our country. I have other issues with this situation. I still have a problem with the fact that he had already been arrested nearly a month before 9/11. There were supposedly many threats through the past several years that apparently came to nothing. After 9/11, there have been scores of new laws and departments and committees made and organized. Are there really a large number of policy making Americans that would have enacted all these new measures based upon the word of one lone al Qaida reject, and accomplished it in less than a month, in our government? But, we must still now face, we, America; are seeking the death of someone that hates us, but has technically done nothing. As a matter of fact, that is the charge, he did nothing, when he now claims to have known about it. Now the next thing that concerns me is about this is the "would be" fifth plane. I thought everyone was all up in arms and all ready to declare war because the fourth plan that crashed in Pennsylvania was supposed to be headed for the White House. If he was supposed to be on a fifth plane, what happened to the other four terrorists that would have been "required?" And if he was just then, in August, a student in flight school, he would be ready by September 11th? I'm having difficulty, here. This is scary, because he is a scary individual with what appears to be a great deal of hate and very little stability, but it is also scary, because so far that is exactly all that has been proven about this individual. Now, on to my next concern. If he does get the death penalty, who and how many are going to consider him a martyr or a death that requires vindication? Not that I am suggesting we should be afraid, I've been against the fear propaganda all along, but if we execute someone for a death or 3000 deaths that occurred when this person was already detained, aren't we headed for a slippery slope? Remember, we weren't at war, when he was arrested. Are we really ready, as a nation; to exact capital punishment for thoughts? I believe this man is a danger to our society, but I think the timing is playing on emotions and fear and interesting political headlines. What do we do with this man? I don't have any idea, but since the charge started with an immigration problem and has escalated, we need to realize this has international consequences. I found it sad that the 9/11 emergency tapes were released to the survivors the same day the jury went to deliberation to determine his elegibility for the death sentence. And, I find it very sad, but familiar that the tapes have blank spots as to what the people are really saying. Wow! Blank spots in tape recordings, who would have ever thought of such a thing? So the survivors have new salt in this really not so healed wound and many of them will be able to make peace and find closure if there is another death? I just don't what to say to that, but it saddens me greatly. There is no way the death of a hateful man will bring back any of the people that died that day. Will there truly ever be closure to this matter?
Search me, O G~d, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

No comments:

Blog Archive