Friday, April 21, 2006

Trading Places

Well, here it is the end of the week. Thinking I was already having problems coming up with positive solutions? Oh, no, I had to do a little rearranging of my plan after Scott McClellan announced his resignation, that's all. Those that are satisfied with the way things are going are dissatisfied with those that don't like the present direction. And those that are dissatisfied with the present direction seem to be aggrivated about everything. What I have noticed is, though, whether we are of the dissastified camp, or in support of the present direction and administration, there really are no solutions on the horizon. Therefore, I suggest, we set aside a day, and have some of the major key players trade places with either each other or maybe even some not so key players, like say the American citizens. First to the protesting immigrants, putting your flag above the American flag is no way to win support. It makes you look pushy and disrespectful, so, you need to trade places for a day with someone that has had to endure the ever changing cost of American living, while providing their own medical coverage and living on an actual paycheck that has the taxes withheld, rather than daily cash. And to all the Americans that do not want illegal immigrants here, you have to trade places with them. Spend a day, believing this is the land of opportunity and you don't have any rights to it. See just how many luxuries we have been led to believe are basic necessities. Now on to the leadership . . . Dick Cheney must spend a day as a reporter and a reporter must spend a day in the limelight. We'll see at the end of the day, just how low profile and low-powered Mr. Cheney really chooses to be and see just how much a reporter wants shared about their own life. I think, since I have had so many political comments, it's only fitting that I would have Mr. Bush's job for a day, and he can enjoy my life for a day. First, I guess he gets to blog about the mess he would have to walk into. It's been easy for me to say, we shouldn't have gone to Iraq, but unlike Kerry, I haven't changed my mind, I was against it before we went. I never did see the correlation between Iraq and 9/11, but now that we are there, I wouldn't just say we're done now. How could I? And I don't have an exit strategy, either, other than to say, get your government going or we are going to rule. If we are financing and protecting, then just sit back and we'll colonize the place, then maybe you can all agree on getting free and independent. You want water lines and sewer systems and TV satellite, we want to see a constitution in action! My last switch would be one that wouldn't really make any difference, because these two individuals just talk about what everyone else is doing wrong, but I think it would do both of them some good to at least have to change their style for a day to continue to raise support for their views, be it by opinion or finance. I would suggest that Rush Limbaugh be a freshman senator for the state of New York for a day and Hilary Rodham Clinton actually have to keep a listening audience for some 3 hours on talk radio.
For as you have been judging, so you will be judged . . . Matthew 7:2

No comments:

Blog Archive