Thursday, January 26, 2006

Democracy - The Majority Has Spoken

As the alarm came on this morning and I heard the Palestinian election results, I was aghast. When I heard what our president said about the election results, I was mortified and ashamed. Now, I know, from reading the news that our President doesn't like to be disagreed with publicly, but I'm not on his Christmas card list, so I'll just speak my mind in a blog, while we still have free speech. Just a few months ago, our president assured the entire world that Palestinian mothers didn't want terrorists leading their children, that the Palestinian people wanted peaceful leaders. All the while, the polls and interviews were telling us, the Palestinians really were not interested in a peaceful 2 state co-existence with Israel. Now, I am not saying our leader was misleading us, after all, he penned the Roadmap to Peace. I personally have a letter on White House stationery, outlining the plan. And any and all of his followers will just tell you "what is what" and "that's that." So, I am not going to waste the blog space to debate with Bush followers, not that I expect very many at this site. My first concern is the fact that the leader of the United States of America authored the Roadmap to Peace, which is in absolutely direct opposition to the Word of G~d, spoken to Abraham, recorded by Moses, and retained historically in the very Book, our leaders lay their hands upon while taking their oath of office. My second concern is the fact that I am legally bound to render unto Caesar my taxes in a couple of months, and they help fund this plan and many more. I wonder if all of my tax dollars only go to ludicrous ideas. Doesn't Washington D. C. know that some of us realize we are going to give an account to G~d for what we're doing and supporting? That same Book with the real estate contract between G~d and Abraham also contains information about what we are to support and what we are to have nothing to do with. Now on to my third concern. Our President now claims utter shock at the results of the Palestinian elections, which brings reality just too close to home. Don't you wonder how many other decisions have had surprising results for him? Or the flip side to that worn out song . . . is he really surprised at all? My next concern is regarding his response to Hamas at the helm, which was basically to say, [we're through playing now.] Which sends the message to the rest of the world, Israel included; [wow, Israel, your neighbors aren't interested in being neighborly.] Aren't you glad nobody suggested democracy for the Taliban and Bin Laden. It really makes me wonder how many decisions are being made for my "best interests," my "safety and security," and my children and grandchildren so some blue blood politician can feel powerful . No, I don't wonder that, Revelation 13 explains that one. And I am not suggesting that the current President of the United States is the anti-Christ. My last concern has really made me sick since yesterday afternoon as I was trying to find the news concerning the Palestinian elections and the State of Israel and her leader. Yesterday we watched a democratic election, place some very scary people in power. Now, Palestine is the only place on the globe that this has occurred, right?
who, knowing the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but also consent with those who practice them. Romans 1:32

No comments:

Blog Archive