Sunday, June 15, 2014

Regarding Gun Control

It seems most of us believe in the Second Amendment, but in a strange quirk of irony, most also seem to believe that certain people should not be afforded a Second Amendment right.  This country really is full of oxymorons, so full, I'm beginning to think the word itself needs to be hyphenated to better refine the definition.  It's becoming clear that the powers that be regard the Bill of Rights to be just a list of ideas that everyone is not entitled to enjoy.

It's reported that doctors are now asking patients if there are guns in their homes.  Don't think for a minute, everyone on anti-depressants or some psychotropic drug won't be hearing a question, in the near future, about gun ownership before they get their refill.  I have to tell one of my favorite quirks in life from years ago, before I get to the actual point of this article.


Years ago I was in a very abusive marriage, and he was a gun owner.  When he left, I got an order of protection, and he hadn't taken his gun, so at that time . . . I wasn't about to hand it over to him.  My parents who are avid NRA supporters determined that I should not have a gun in the house, so they would take it for safe keeping.  That was years ago, and it was resolved at the time of the divorce, but every time I hear the NRA defending the Second Amendment and see Daddy's decal on his big truck, I can't help but smirk about the irony.  I'm probably one of the few Americans who lost their Second Amendment right to the NRA!  (LOL)

Now, back to the actual point of this article.  I hadn't realized, until lately, just how many people are training for the Concealed Carry Weapon Permit.  It's becoming so common the letters CCW are recognized as pertaining to the permit.  When a person applies for the permit, a background check is done, thus they are entered into the databank, and it's a fair presumption they are either a hand gun owner or plan to be.  When a gun is purchased, a background check is done, and often a name and address must be given when purchasing ammunition.  That is not the case in every ammo purchase, but it is becoming more common. An ammunition purchase is a clear indicator of the type and caliber of gun.  I can't imagine anyone without access to a gun, buying ammunition, and no one would intentionally purchase the wrong ammunition.  Guns are fairly ammo-specific.


Between background checks for gun acquisition, name and address for some ammunition purchases, hunting licenses and concealed carry weapon permits, the powers that be have a pretty good idea where the legal guns are in the country.  From everything I've read about gun control, it's only the legal ones that are traced and potentially confiscated.
As for illegal weapons, they are usually confiscated at the crime scene.

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.  words of Messiah

No comments:

Blog Archive