Monday, May 07, 2012

Seeing Life for What it Is

I've realized that anyone over the age of 21 is going to do exactly what they want, and I'm no exception. Actually, I think Americans much younger are doing what they want, but that's a different tangent. We know no matter what the politicians promise, if elected, they are going to do what they want that benefits them or their next political move. We know the 1% is going to do what benefits them and we also know the 98% are trying to level the playing field, which would benefit them. Everyone enjoys doing what they want for the reasons they believe. I've been thinking for about the last month, regardless of what I'm saying, nobody's listening, because they are focused on what they believe to be important. I've been unfriended at facebook for believing in Biblical obedience. I've been argued against on forum boards for stating that I think the election is already decided. I've actually even been told to shutup, recently. And so my fingers will shout here at my blog. I do believe in G-d's Instruction for man. And I believe the direction is already set, regardless of who sits in the Oval Office. I've spent countless hours listening to people gripe, complain, and expound, only to be dismissed when I try to talk. It's dawned upon me, that most people only want to hear the answer they already have determined. That's how our elections work. That's how our religious organizations function. That's how television has grown and expanded in the last 50+ years, not to mention talk radio. And how many people do you see without a cell phone in their hands these days? Everyone wants their own thoughts confirmed, regardless of the logic or lack thereof. And don't we all want the most for the least effort?
A fool hath no delight in understanding, but that his heart may discover itself. a Proverb of Holy Scripture.

No comments:

Blog Archive