Friday, February 10, 2012

Working Too Hard to Campaign?

More insight into the choices we have for President. Since I started my campaign, life has gotten busy! It was fairly busy anyway, but as we hear the "big name" candidates speak about the founding fathers, the Constitution, and "good ol' American values, I've been planting fruit trees, increasing my flocks and herd, preparing bedding plants, and expanding my business, which seems similar to the early Americans, to which the candidates refer. No wonder we're getting the leaders we are . . . Real Americans simply cannot put their responsibilities on hold for a year and a half to tell everyone what a great job they'll do "taking care of everything!" I realized today, in watching President Obama back peddle on his last decision and the number of times I've heard in the last three years that one side of the aisle or the other is stopping progress, that I really can make a bigger difference here at home in my own house, which just happens to be white. I don't have to spend half my day trying to think of an excuse as to why I didn't keep a promise, I just keep my word! I don't have to spend valuable time trying to invent ways to blame someone else, I try to spend valuable time creating and producing quality results that don't require blame to explain. I've made peace with the fact, an average American will not be elected President. I'd like to thank the folks that sent e-mails in support of the FREEDOM Party. It truly was inspiring to see that there are people who want something more out of American politics than just to be mad at the 1% or disappointed in the other side of the aisle. When I was a little girl I did want to grow up and be the first woman president, but as a woman, I realize that was the thought of a child and self-focused. We have enough people already in office that think like children and focus on their own self-interests. So it is with a bit of sadness, that I must suspend my campaign at this time. The best thing I can do for the coming generations is to impart knowledge rather than legislation, inspire accomplishment rather than dependency, and an entrepreneurial spirit rather than an entitlement existence.
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. words of the Apostle Paul

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I missed the part where you were campaigning... guess I'll have to go back & find that. Sorry to hear you're not in there... sure would be nice if a functional, grounded human being were in office.

Blog Archive