Thursday, December 01, 2011

I Sense Another Political Shell Game

While the country divides over the Tea Party, wild GOP candidates, poverty and OWS, I read and hear of several situations, and see pictures that indicate we are heading to a place of being protected by force. I've been reading the opposing views of legislation that indicates some of our representatives believe even citizens should soon be abler to be detained without being charged. Of course, there have been some ways to already make that happen in our country up until now, but can you imagine what America could become if we could be detained without being charged? I remember when the USA Patriot Act was first passed, these thoughts came to me. It was the foundation to build a new America, a scary America, and now we see more folks are ready to act upon it. I have to admit, from what I've read, President Obama says he will Veto this piece of legislation if it passes, and that will make me pretty pleased with him on at least this one issue. The fact that our Congress is even passing this around to look at, tells me, we've already gone too far away from the Bill of Rights. I grew up hearing how scary the world was and really had very little freedom for a kid in that era, and let me tell you, once I tasted freedom, two things happened. First, it took me awhile to even be able to handle it. I made some mistakes, but second, I knew I'd never ever be able to live without freedom again. I still feel that way, all these years later. With the number of laws already on the books, we all know we're about 1/2 step away from being criminals anyway. I've heard pundits declare that OWS should be treated as a mob and handled like Kent State. That made me realize, we've had a taste in the past and clearly the possibility of martial law for years. I know martial law is coming, and it looks like it will be arriving wrapped in flag-draped "conservative" politics with the blessing of the self-declared moral high roaders.
. . . but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn. a Proverb of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive