Monday, December 12, 2011

GOP Update

I just can't help but discuss this topic. I wish Rick Perry had been more well spoken in his statement, because he made a very good point about Newt Gingrich, and I think it bears discussion here at write-wing. I simply must address Newt's infidelity. Oh, I heard him tell us, "Now he's a 68 year old grandfather and we should judge him for who he is now." Well, I've met way too many of the GOP that are still judging way too many of us that did something stupid years ago, and let me add . . . Newt didn't just cheat on one wife, but on two, and he left each of them after discovering horrendous health issues. That's right, the man that pursued the impeachment of William Clinton for a tryst in the oval office, actually cheated on his first wife and asked for a divorce while she was recovering from cancer. Sounds like morals a little similar to John Edwards rather than the party of "family values." Now the next time around is a bit more poetic. He was still dead wrong, but the woman that broke up his first marriage was on the receiving end of the next round of infidelity. And to look at his present wife just really nauseates me that she can face America, knowing what she did, as if it's all okay now, because I think Newt became Catholic and the first two marriages have been annulled by the Pope. I think that's how it worked for one of the Kennedy's. See Newt just doesn't really seem to be all the GOP claims to be about. He just really falls short of the whole "Family Values High Road" and yet, I haven't heard any of the GOP refer to Newt as a RINO. I don't get it . . . I can only imagine what the Newt supporters would have to say if someone outside of the GOP abandoned an ill spouse, much less left that ill spouse for their adulterous partner. I know if I'd left an ill or disabled spouse, the GOP would still be casting stones. Now, I'm all about forgiveness, G-d knows I needed it and still do on occasion, but I do agree with Rick Perry on this issue. What good would an oath of office be from a guy that promised to love, honor, and cherish in sickness and in health? If a man will cheat on his wife, he'll cheat on his business partner, and I have no idea how he would treat those of us beneath the title of "partner."
And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her. New Testament

No comments:

Blog Archive