Friday, August 26, 2011

Politics These Days

The Obamas are coming home a day early from Martha's Vineyard. Well, at least the President is, I'm not sure about the first Lady. They went separately, so I'm not sure what's going on there. I read this in an online paper from the UK, and a couple of democrats I know got all defensive and off the beam over my question, so I'm guessing it did happen, and at a time like this it makes no sense at all, if President Obama doesn't want to join the ranks of the unemployed, next year. I'm just really having trouble getting used to democrats being elitists. Hillary was the first one I noticed, and I thought it was because she made Bill look more personable and less like a scalawag that way. I mean Bill Clinton seemed to be in touch with the common folk, too much touching according to the reports, so I figure Hillary sort of envisioned herself above his behavior and she came across as an elitist, which I really think cost her the nomination in 2008. You know how every time she would try to act like she was just like the people she was talking to, she sounded stupid or crazy or even like she might be mocking them. So, on to the Obamas, who simply openly appear to believe they are above the rest of us. I, personally, didn't think it played all that well in the good times of the 90's, but I really don't care for it, in tough times. I'm wondering if he's got bigger plans than US President, and it does appear that he'll be running against a guy that's never lost an election. I've had the idea for awhile that even though President Obama is a great campaigner and eloquent orator, he doesn't usually run as an incumbent. His political career for the most part is moving upward all the time. He was a freshman senator that had to resign half way through his term to take the oath of the highest office in the land . . . just sayin.' The fact that he and Michelle are not making many public appearances together does make one wonder. Only time will tell and politicians only tell us what they think we want to hear and the media only tells us what sells, so they are coming home a day early from Martha's Vineyard because of the storm, I believe I read, and there was further inference that they were not traveling together. Our politicians really are getting too high maintenance.
The righteous considereth the cause of the poor: but the wicked regardeth not to know it. a Proverb of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive