Friday, June 11, 2010

A Nation of Authority Based upon Our Own Issues

An odd thought occurred to me last night that I hadn't considered in years. I discovered a couple of interesting facts a few years ago and just sort of remembered them for some reason, and last night I saw the picture gain a few more pieces. I realized that Hitler and Freud were from the same basic region in Europe, while I was living in a town that you could literally see the demonic haze over it, from several miles down the high way. And through the course of facebook and videos passed around, I've come to understand there are many religious folks now studying demons and demonic influence over areas. Well, I'm not into studying demons or giving the enemy of G~D any attention, but what I've come to understand is; just like Freud and Hitler, we are a nation of claimed authority based upon our own unresolved issues. Social workers have their issues. Some well known preachers were pretty infamous sinners. I never met a mental health worker that had their own life in order. AA attendees become AA sponsors, and same with NA. Former prisoners are all over the map with jail ministries. We are a nation of people that find a way to have authority over people that struggle with our own issues or with people that make us feel challenged or out of step. History has revealed that Freud was one sick dude, psychologically speaking and Hitler had definite issues with having some question about a possible Jewish heritage, or at least his grandmother's Jewish employer. So, where does it end here? Could we be heading toward a society in which the one with the most unresolved issues will ultimately claim the most authority?
But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of YHVH . . . YHVH shall smite thee with madness, and blindness, and astonishment of heart: Torah of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive