Friday, July 07, 2006

Nothing to Hide

All of my new blogs are not necessarily as positive as I had hoped to maintain, but even in the negativity, I am attempting a different slant. And this week is no different. I want to talk about the Patriot Act, well actually, I want to talk about the attitude of those against the Patriot Act. Now, I really do disagree with most of it, but who am I in the grand scheme of things? I remember when Mr. Ashcroft was the Attorney General and he was all about staying on top of things, and I don't really think Mr. Gonzales seems much different. Being from Mr. Ashcroft's home state, I had already lived under some of his decisions as governor, so I was possibly a bit more relunctant about the Patriot Act than perhaps others were. But as life has progressed, I realize Mr. Ashcroft really didn't get any more intrusive than the average American believes they have a right to be. He really was representing the "interests" of America. The republicans want their government in everybody's business, until it gets close to home . . . The democrats think the republicans are invasive and controlling, but I happen to know many democrats that have taken it upon themselves to invade people's privacy and believe they have the right to do so. Now, here's a fun fact about "nothing to hide" while blogging. I find I can make very specific statements with impersonal references and if someone takes it personally, well; I have a fairly large circle of acquaintances, so I guess that's their choice. I did a Google Search about links to obtain personal information about someone and there are over a billion. So how can so many say Mr. Ashcroft overstepped or invaded privacy, when invading people's privacy is big business? And I know, big business goes in the same sentence as republican, but who's buying? There are democrats who have tracked and enquired activities of their ex-spouses and exes of the new spouses, people that are dating that check financial statuses, politicians of both parties find all sorts of things out about each other and tell it, through campaigns. There's always at least one in the church, at work, in the family, in the neighborhood, that feel it is their right to be privy to the personal information of others, but the interesting coincidence is; they are also always the ones that demand "no comment" on their lives. There are always people that think they can and should hold someone else in account, yet they remain elusive. I'm amazed at how many non-republicans obtain invasive information, while mouthing their opposition to loss of rights and invasion of privacy. And I'm also amazed at the many, many republicans who have "nothing to hide" and also own paper shredders.
An ungodly man diggeth up evil . . .

No comments:

Blog Archive