Saturday, July 15, 2006

At the "Risk" of Sounding Apocalyptic without Apology

For years I wasted time in the "great debates" about why America wasn't mentioned in Scripture. I mean, really, "great G~dly nation that we are . . ." Well I've believed for some time now, that America is in fact portrayed in Scripture. As current events continue to unfold, it seems easier to recognize this country, we're just not the heroes that we see ourselves to be. Scripture mentions "peace and tranquility" before sudden destruction and we have had nothing but political marketing better known as "spin" tell us how we are winning the war on terror. Every time I turn around I hear "staying the course" as I hear a higher death toll and a new cell of insurgency or now even more terrorists groups and more attacks everywhere. I was wondering just how much more democracy must be spread around before our young men and women in the military even have a chance to take a breath that is not under fire. I checked out a site that lists the world's countries and the number of democracies that already exist and the number of constitutional republics and the number of parliamentary democracies and republics. In that search, I discovered something very interesting. When I was in high school and it's been awhile, I learned we were a Constitutional Republic. Well according to this site I visited; our status appears to have changed. I can't say whether it's an upgrade, but I do know, it isn't the same as I was taught. As war looms on every horizon and the weather gets more out of the ordinary, I'm telling you - Moshiach is on His way, and America isn't where she thinks or portrays herself to be.
For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places . . . Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

No comments:

Blog Archive