Thursday, March 16, 2006

Pre-Emptive Strike or Turn the Other Cheek?

I heard this morning that our leader has the legal right to declare war on anyone that scares him. Now, of course, this is not a direct quote, but the meaning was clear. The political voice of America really does proclaim the right and the duty to keep the world in line, according to the political voice in America. That is the standard. Now, I don't know how all this has come about, suddenly; it probably hasn't . . . it's just needed in the forefront right now, since approval ratings are so very low. As a minister that also happens to be human, I have great difficulty concealing my utter disdain as the religious right blathers about their godly leaders. I thought it was Islam extremists that declared war on anyone and everyone as they saw fit or unfit and disagreeable. How did a Christian nation get to be so war-mongering, and how did so many Christians get so excited about bloodshed? I guess if you can pay $5.00 or more to watch a simulation of the Crucifixion; blood, violence, and death just aren't a problem. Actually, I got "just pretty creeped out" by anyone that could go and watch that. I realize my beliefs really don't match theirs, and I am truly not interested in theirs, at all; and here they are running the country I live in. Since, I am painfully aware that most people living in this Christian nation don't know what the Bible has to say about judgment and death, I will share with you now. First there are several Scriptural passages that clearly state G~d will protect His people from their enemies, but will use their enemies to bring calamity when they dishonor Him. So, this terrorist attack . . . is America not G~d's people, or have we dishonored Him? or both? And, before the heathen get blamed, there is a Scripture that says G~d's people do not pay for the sins of the heathens, His Son did that. Back to the results of the 2004 election, and the fear factor, and political capital. I have heard so many people say they voted for a godly candidate. And I cannot argue that, Scripture says, people bow down to many gods. I do know, the Son of the G~d I serve, told His followers to turn the other cheek. So, it's not a matter of someone being godly or not, it's just a matter of recognizing the difference between the gods and G~d.
And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

No comments:

Blog Archive