Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Couldn't You Just Hug The President?????

I don't usually have a great deal of enthusiasm for what our President is doing, but this is truly "blog-worthy." When I mention something here in a negative context, then hear something positive about the situation, I must mention it also. I awoke this morning to the news that the convert in Afghanistan may not be facing the death penalty after all. There is a way "around" this charge. It would seem our president's mental health initiative was included in the democracy we exported to Afghanistan. Good news?!? This gentleman that converted over 16 years ago may be found incompetent to stand trial. Afghanistan has embraced the methods of America in dealing with someone that really believes the Bible and is willing to live and die by their beliefs. Now, you may scoff, and say what do you mean, American methods. I know first hand of more than one situation in this country in which a person has been held against their will for "observation" and considered a possible danger to themselves, due to their religious beliefs in the Bible. I know for a fact, someone that believes G~d heals without doctors is termed "grandiose." I have also heard many accounts of similar situations, by what I would consider reliable sources, but then, I believe the Bible, so I would fall in the category of "questionable" under the mental health initiative that was an Executive Order in, I believe April of 2002. That's right, while we were still in shock and the trauma of 9/11, our president signed this Executive Order. And if you think warning your family about this will help, let me tell you, just as this man in Afghanistan may discover, the Americans that called their families, only found themselves to be even more outnumbered. But, this brave soul in Afghanistan that believes his Bible and trusts G~d may actually be blessed by America's mental health initiative, and for that I applaud our president.
Yes, and all whose purpose is to be living in the knowledge of G~d in Messiah Y'shuah, will be cruelly attacked. II Timothy 3:12

No comments:

Blog Archive