Sunday, September 29, 2013

What Was Cruz Doing?

I realize I'm not the most politically astute in this country, but I really did read the articles and reports and I am still scratching my head!  As an internet journalist, I do my best to stay abreast of current events, and for whatever reason, Washington politicians seem to love to orchestrate current events.  This so called rally of a "lone Texas legislator" really has me baffled, and his loyal followers are still just singing his praises.

From everything I read, it fell far short of a filibuster.  The vote gives no impression that any mind was changed but his own, and his 21 hours was not even good "sock puppet theatre."  I read that he read "Green Eggs & Ham" just to fill in time.  For no more work days than Congress even schedules, these all night comedies are outlandish, and not  funny.  When this happened last year, I was appalled.  I don't like being threatened by my government, and when they finally agreed on whatever they did, then it was every month another threat of shut down.  Enough already!  We know we're broke, and we know it's not going to get fixed!

I think we should all be tired of being constantly threatened by our own government in one way or another.  I know I am.  I'm tired of being spied on.  I don't want government health care, and I don't want to give up the Bill of Rights to a bunch of politicians who don't know straight up from sic'em about actually living a real life in this country.  I'm tired of reading about outlandish brutality, and I'm really sick and tired of reading about every time the government threatens shut down, the threats of no money lands squarely on the back of soldiers, veterans, and the government employees.  I never read about Washington politicians not receiving their checks in event of a shut down.  Besides, when did this shut down business become an option for our elected officials?

I've read the fans comments.  Mr. Cruz has been called a great patriot.  The tea party is proud.  He's identified the RINOs!  I've read comments from both sides, and I've read reports from both biases, and I still can't figure out what he did.  The vote reported was unanimous, I reiterate, unanimous:  100-0.  Anytime both sides of the aisle are 100% in agreement, I know "we the people" have not been represented in whatever is on it's way to becoming law.  So, Mr. Cruz, was this a feeble attempt to really make a difference, and you just don't know what you're doing?  or Was this some sort of political grandstanding to garner support for an election?  

And who knoweth whether he shall be a wise man or a fool? yet shall he have rule over all my labour wherein I have laboured, and wherein I have showed myself wise under the sun. This is also vanity.  Ecclesiastes of Holy Scripture

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

According to Wikipedia:
"Cruz's wife is currently head of the Southwest Region in the Investment Management Division of Goldman, Sachs & Co."
I wonder what Goldman Sachs & Co would have to gain from a real filibuster... or the failure thereof.

Blog Archive