Monday, July 22, 2013

Young Heroes

In the midst of bad news, scary cops, rebellious teens, and racial discord, this story just made me happy.  I've included the link, but I'd like to add my 2¢ Worth.

I don't even own a television, so my access to what's going on in the world is literally cherry picked from the internet.  I don't have to watch advertisements, I don't have any favorite show or program or even news as far as that goes.  I choose my news items by the headline, not the ratings or shock value.  If the headline is just a grabber, I can click again.

I shared all those details because the majority of households are continuously inundated with all sorts of programming, persuasive advertising, propaganda, and promos.  These two young gentlemen could have been just as easily influenced by the media to do nothing, or with all the racially motivated news as of late, they could have made their decision of involvement based upon that; but they didn't.  They clearly have an understanding of what it is to "love your neighbor" and the account of the Good Samaritan.

Two fifteen year old young men, not old enough to drive, but clearly possessing mature values, heard a little 5 year old girl in the neighborhood was missing.  They heard the description of the car, and set out on their bicycles, up and down neighborhood streets and perhaps alleys, until they spotted the car.  They, then chose to follow the car.  Now, I'm thinking, as I read the story; they really are just kids themselves.

Apparently, when the driver realized he was being followed, he stopped the car and had the little girl get out! Last I read, they hadn't found the alleged abductor, but thanks to two quick thinking, brave young men, that little girl is home safe and sound.

Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves?  And he said, He that showed mercy on him. Then said Y'hshuwah unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.  the Gospel according to Luke

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/15/justice/pennsylvania-teen-heroes/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those children chose to become men.
Real people are working to heal the world. May YHWH bless richly.

Jerelene said...

Those two brave young men most likely saved her life. I have a 15 yr. old son whom I am positive would do the same thing. I'm so thankful for the parents that are raising their kids up to love and respect YHWH...in such an evil world its so good to actually "see" some good! Blessings!

Blog Archive