Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Calling It Like It Is!

I'd love to blame the politicians, or the Middle East, or something besides standing up and owning what's coming to me. I deal with a number of people in my generation, the Baby Boomers who are struggling, still with heavy hearts in dealing with life. Our kids, our jobs, our old age, our lot in this thing we call life. I've been saying for some time, that we need to just go ahead and be the generation that bites the bullet, accepts responsibility, and changes the direction . . . I believe this is the blog in which I take that step. To be honest, the way the next generation turned out, I almost stepped off my bandwagon and was really considering just going ahead and going with the flow and taking what I'd paid in, but my conscience got the best of me. So before I considered anything else I might regret, I dusted myself off and stood back up on my own bandwagon. Many Boomers simply got skipped in regard to a respected place in history and it's our own fault. Most boomers were raised by the "greatest generation" and many of them are still collecting money and respect while their kids keep catering and bashing themselves over the head with the fifth commandment. Great news, Christian Boomers, if they taught you the fourth one had changed don't worry about the fifth one, because if you fail to keep one, you're guilty of them all, and after all, they are the generation that taught you. I think what we really need to get ahold of is the previous generation does influence the next one. The Boomers didn't just organize to be what we are. We were raised to be what we are, and we raised the next ones . . . Boomers raised a very mocking, disrespectful, self-centered generation and we'll just have to live with that. I'm an exception in the Boomer generation, well some of later ones were raised by the silent generation, and we're for the most part, all a mess. Believe me, they're not silent now, but growing up when parents were quiet, life as you knew it was getting ready to crash your direction. So, as an ignorant Boomer that just wanted a sweet little baby to love without trapping a man to be angry for life, my only parenting plan was to do it differently! Let me tell, there are tons of ways to do it differently and still be wrong! Now, the main thing I can say about my failure is; I wasn't following the Word of G-d. I had just enough understanding to feel guilty and confused. Not good parenting skills, at all. Now that I have come to G-d and continuously seek HIS will, I have had to face the fact and own the responsibility that everything I did outside of HIS Will I may not get to enjoy or count a benefit. In reading Scripture I have discovered that Abraham cooked up his own plan with some help and ended up having to give up the hopes and dreams he had with his first child, to receive the promise of G-d in his life. If G-d can require that of Abraham, who HE called HIS friend, who do I think I am to presume anything? I'm not saying G-d is going to allow permanent division in all our families, but if getting together is nothing but mockery and derision . . . that was the problem at Abraham's too. I believe YHWH's grace can bring reconciliation, but I am also aware of the headlines daily from the Middle East.
And Sarah saw the son of Hagar the Egyptian, which she had born unto Abraham, mocking . . . And the thing was very grievous in Abraham's sight because of his son And G-d said unto Abraham . . . And Abraham rose up early in the morning, and took bread, and a bottle of water, and gave it unto Hagar, putting it on her shoulder, and the child, and sent her away

No comments:

Blog Archive