Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Most Questionable News in Our History . . . So Far

Today I read the most bizarre news stories and the fact that they were both the same day makes it that much more bizarre. A boy leaves a blow up doll in the school bathroom as a prank and he's looking at huge felony charges. Casey Anthony was acquitted . . . Actually, I guess our news hasn't made sense for many years, but today it just made me sit and stare. I was speechless. It's as if America is beyond redemption . . . I began to think of all the ridiculous things I've read since our new approach to safety has been tied around us . . . We have six year olds that are now called "sex offenders" for kissing on the playground. People are actually willing to be "virtually strip searched" to ride an airplane. We now have gay marriage in many states, but the heterosexuals have all but given up on marriage. We live in a country where people talk about G-d and heaven, but are apparently afraid to actually leave the earth for this better place . . . so our nation's medical costs are soaring. As a matter of fact, people used to be sort of timid, almost ashamed to discuss their ailments. Now, maladies are some sort of badge and "procedures" are described in vivid detail. The one thing I feel we can count on in this country is our Supreme Court. I believe they will always render a verdict in favor of Monsanto and Walmart. Of course, it is with utter disdain that I believe this to be true. It seems we can count on backward to be the direction and bizarre to be the chosen reality. So, in regard to my two original topics. I hope this young man's senior prank doesn't leave him a felon for life by the powers of our judicial system and I do find it sad, that little Caley Anthony's death appears to mean nothing to our same judicial system.
Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! a Prophet of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive