Friday, August 04, 2006

Moving On and Looking Up

It's Friday again, but things are so different this time. Have you ever heard of someone saying they opened the Bible and received revelation or instruction or peace or whatever they were needing at the time, there it was, just right on the page that fell open? Well, as I have attempted to sort out all of this political mayhem and religious extremism, I've spent a great deal of time in prayer and in my Bible. I've prayed for our country for years, but as I read bumper stickers about abortion and gun control and NRA and choice and the little colorful magnets that address everything from our troops to breast cancer, I began to realize, as a nation, we just aren't interested in G~d's solutions, we have our own. And so I began to pray about how to get G~d's solution into general society, and my Bible literally fell open to this passage: Therefore pray not thou for this people, neither lift up cry nor prayer for them, neither make intercession to Me: for I will not hear thee. Jeremiah 7:16. For the past twelve years, I've preached repentance, challenged our politics, questioned our position in global events, and then G~d tells me this! But He did tell me I could pray for individuals, but there would be no repentance as a nation. And we as a nation are way off base.
I've been reading the book of Ezekiel this month and it's amazing how many of the prophesies from this book are in the news now. It's really an interesting read, not lengthy, I recommend it highly.
So, now with a blogger in federal prison, a conflict in the Middle East and Israel's only ally unable or unwilling to actually assist in the battle, the US media covering the death toll in Lebanon repeatedly for the past 3 weeks, whereas the last 5 years of bus bombings and suicide bombers in restaurants in various places over the entire land of Israel were barely newsworthy, Iraq is Viet Nam all over again, and the air war in Afghanistan that supposedly eradicated the Taliban is now in it's fifth year and on the ground; where is the reason? So for those of you that believe we are on the right course and need to stay that course while continuing to claim "oh, but it could be so much worse," well it soon will be. But to the individuals that know the difference between G~d and country . . . when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh. Luke 21:28

No comments:

Blog Archive