Monday, May 20, 2019

Pro-Life or Pro-Choice

I'm guessing this may clear out a few social media friends on both sides of the argument.  First and foremost, I truly believe the current American political system in place doesn't give two hoots about the life of any citizen, much less the preborn.  The fact that abortion has been a hot button issue for every election cycle for years, tells me the politicians aren't going to change anything, except to further divide the people.  The timing of this argument raised my curiosity though, as it's not yet the campaign cycle. 

Abortion has been legal for nearly 50 years.  Nobody is going to stop having sex because some politician does some posturing or some "old lady" blogs about it!  I am not for abortion, but I'm not anti-choice.  See how crazy the wording on this subject can get?  I believe the choice about pregnancy should be made before the chance for conception.  If you don't choose to be pregnant, don't do what it takes to get that way!  I don't believe in America's health care system at all.  I believe pharmaceuticals are sorcery and abortion is part of America's health care system.  People from both sides of the political aisle find something to disagree with me on this subject.  There are plenty of religious conservatives who will "boycott" at the drop of a hat, until it comes to health care.  If abortion is part of health care, why aren't these religious conservatives boycotting and trusting the G-d of the Bible for their health.  That's what I'm doing, and I get plenty of grief from that group for my decision, but I digress.  Not to leave out the progressive liberals, who seem to want free health care.  It was actually the pro-life nitpicking and the pro-choice hate that motivated me to truly reconsider my perspective.

Now, hang on, because I've begun to look at this from an eternal perspective.  I made a social media post on the subject of abortion, and the thread took on a life of its own.  As I read the comments, and the hate that was spewed and the ridiculous accusations and individual cases of victimization, I was appalled.  People get so ugly when they feel strongly about this issue, and once the ugly starts, the tone overrides the content of the statement.  As the thread devolved, the strangest thing came to mind, though, and that's what I'm blogging about today.

First, I thought of Abraham.  Ishmael was certainly not a part in the perfect plan.  All things considered with Islam, just where would this world be right now, if Ishmael had not been born? 

Second, I thought of Pharaoh and Herod, while Nebuchadnezzar brushed the edges of that thought.  Pharaoh and Herod had no problem declaring death sentences for babies.  Nebuchadnezzar was king of Babylon and he designed some pretty harsh punishments for those who were not of Babylon.  Considering these three men were all about power and control with little consideration for life that didn't bow down to their power and control.  Both sides of the argument lost me there, as American politics is all about power and control.  I'm just passing through this world.

Scripture speaks of children being sacrificed to Molech.  Molech was a king who received infant sacrifice.  Molech has always seemed to me to be a metaphor for self-serving convenience, and that's where my thoughts really began to scramble.  In that thread, I read comments made by young women looking forward to the deaths of "older people."  When I thought about what some parents and grandparents sacrificed for people this age, I realized there is a serious issue of self-centeredness, and perhaps as Paul mentioned seared conscience or reprobate minds.  We older generations didn't do a very good job!

We truly are living in the last days.  If these people can look at other people and make statements of waiting for them to die, no wonder they want to maintain the right to kill someone they haven't seen.  I couldn't imagine being a helpless baby at their mercy . . . I can't realistically offer to raise and care for all the unwanted babies.  I wish I could, but I can't.

Those thoughts were troubling.  I know, several G-d fearing people think an unplanned pregnancy should "end" in adoption.  We all know that's not going to happen very often and when it does, the government is right in the middle of that, also.  In a perfect world, perhaps adoption would be chosen every time, but in a perfect world, there'd be no unplanned pregnancy.

Realizing how much I value choice and how many people just really want to make decisions for other people, I've realized I don't want to make decisions for other adults and I don't want them making decisions for me.  I also realized in some of those pro-choice comments, I wouldn't want them to have a baby!  Still, though, it's not my decision.  The rhetoric and brainwashing is intense.  Calling a developing human a zygote or embryo, or even fetus; somehow removes the "human" factor for some individuals.  Conscience cannot be legislated!  I've read about the cases of rape and incest, but anyone with Google can find the actual abortion statistics on that and realize it's a very, very small percentage of the abortions that are performed.

I had two other thoughts that seem oddly comforting.  Our Heavenly Father, whom many do not serve or honor promised Abraham heirs too numerous to count.  In describing the number, He compared them to the stars and sand . . . We've watched the decline of morals and the rebellion against our Creator gain momentum.  Every aborted child will not be raised by self-serving hedonists or religious hypocrites.  I know hearts can change.  I'm certainly not the person I was in my twenties, and for that I'm terribly thankful.  Would I ever counsel someone to have an abortion?  No!  But by that same token, I think it's much better for those babies to be amidst the white robed throngs than raised by someone that doesn't want them and doesn't care about the value of their soul.
That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies; Torah of Holy Scripture




 

No comments:

Blog Archive