Friday, October 20, 2006

So Much in the News

Once again, it seems, I am reinventing this blog. My mom used to tell me I was always reinventing myself, but that was just because in dealing with her, all my "other selves" were just never good enough . . . I'm so glad G~d gave me peace with me.
Now back to this new and improved blog. It may be that the news items will slow down after the election, but until then, I'm going to cover a few topics, so, first I just cannot leave former Congressman Foley on a back burner any longer. I have listened to this for nearly a month now and I actually heard some pseudo intellectual try to compare what he did with congressional pages to the Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky situation, stating she was 19. First, I will address the simple math, which seems to be quite a problem for many in this country. Monica was born in 1973 and didn't have her affair with President Clinton until 1995 which was confirmed by geography and Kenneth Starr. So, she was not 19 as the psuedo intellectual declared. Even if she were born in the last month of 73 and the affair began the first month of 95, she was not under 21 years of age! Lets talk about age, next, a woman is a legal adult at the age of 18 in most states, whereas congressional pages from high school are still minors. It should be a foregone conclusion to a legislator that a high school student is under age. I would go on with more non comparisons, but I will mention just one more and move on. The democrat party has not exactly maintained their platform to be the high moral standard for everyone to aspire, as has the GOP, and Monica is a female. Considering all the morality and anti-gay rhetoric from the GOP, I am shocked and abhored that they are having difficulty discerning the difference in the situation. Do they have this much trouble in other matters of morality or judging immorality?
Now on to the school safety summit. My heart just breaks for the parents and the classmates of the victims in the school shootings. I continue to pray for comfort in their grief. It certainly makes me want my granchildren homeschooled. I was flabbergasted, however; to see that our President has promised school safety, by undoubtedly locking down our society, further. Doesn't he remember where he was on 9/11 and how quickly he left the school to go to an undisclosed place of safety?
And about this special meeting regarding the Iraq war, but Tony says it's a regular meeting to discuss "staying the course." In case you haven't noticed, the Iraq war is no longer a war with no direction, it is a war with a spiral downward direction!
Japan, I hear we've promised protection and backup. Well don't forget, we're Israel's ally, also and you saw how effective we were in helping them just a couple of months ago, against those our President labeled as terrorists. Something about not having the manpower, but would help with logistics . . . that's right, good ol' American know-how.
Now, a note of congratulations are in order. It would appear that all those collecting Social Security have a raise coming next year. Wow, only in America can you get paid to breathe! Isn't this just a great country and the absolute best time ever for happy, golden years, as long as you don't think about the children's future . . .
. . . violently putting the young men to death, and crushing the young women; they have no pity for children, and no mercy for the fruit of the body. Isaiah

No comments:

Blog Archive