Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Obamanomics

I'm sure as everyone is watching and reading, we as a nation already realize we have a new President. I didn't vote for him, nor did I vote against him. I don't have anything specific against his decision making, because as far as I have seen, mostly he has voted present and abstention. What I do have an issue with, are the number of people that are making this a matter of being victims. What's all this rising up out from under oppression? I realize there has been racial oppression in this country, but the loudest voices don't necessarily give the true reflection of oppression in our nation. Jesse Jackson has been running his mouth for four decades. And I saw Ray Nagin in the crowd. The comments and the faces in the crowd clearly reflect, this country is still quite divided, but the balance has swung the other way. But that isn't my real issue, it's the numbers. It just boils down to the money. I don't like President Obama's new economic stimulus idea, because it sounds a lot like the last two or three that I didn't like from President Bush. According to my math, we've already invested $150B in stimulus checks, then the smaller checks around $50B to $75B went to some corporations that were too big to fail, and then the big check rolled out. $700B, $350B then and $350B just now, for the new President to allocate, and he wants another $800B or so for his economic stimulus plan. That amounts to over $1.7 trillion in unbacked paper!!! Meanwhile, while he's speaking about all of us being responsible in facing the economic difficulties together, the cost of the inauguration is projected to near the $150M mark. Seems a bit extravagant for a recession. Now, on to the faithful followers of this man bringing change. How many people that attended that inauguration could truly afford the trip to Washington? We haven't even begun to figure the cost of future assistance for those that put this trip on credit cards. President Bush declared Washington DC in a state of emergency to open the door to be allocated more funds for this event. There is one thing that our new President said, that simply resonated with me and I know I will remember the rest of my days. "We no longer ask if the government is too big or too small . . ." And he is going to "restore science to it's proper place, technology . . . harness the sun . . ." I think we should still be asking if our government is too big, especially when these kind of statements are made. I've heard several people make cynical and sarcastic remarks in reference to our new President being treated as a Messiah or innuendo eluding to the possibility of having elected the anti-Christ. I don't think President Barack H. Obama is The Anti-Christ, and I have Scripture to back my view, but I do honestly believe the American government is the beast that is entirely too big and about to consume the majority of us! You'll notice in the Scripture I've included, there isn't just one anti-Christ; therefore President Obama cannot be The One.
Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. words of the Apostle John

No comments:

Blog Archive