Thursday, March 27, 2008

I Just Can't Make Sense of This

Suddenly, Saddam Hussein's picture is back in the news with information regarding his last days, and these pictures and headlines, even the snippets always evoke something in me that I just can't put to rest. It truly disturbs my peace. I'm not defending Saddam's style of leadership by any means, but considering all the things that are going on in the world, it was my President that took my country to invade his and murder him and I don't have a good feeling about that. I mean that Nasrallah of Hezbollah in Lebanon seems much more hateful toward America, and let us not forget Iran's Ahmadinejad, or Mr. Chavez. Not to mention Saudi wrote the passports of the 9/11 terrorists and that nation is always lopping somebody's head off over offending some religious police rule. It was also my President that elevated the terrorist organization, Hamas, into a political party with power. These snippets and pics of Saddam Hussein always bring back all this information and I just wonder why my country sits back and takes it in stride and why the rest of the world is so accepting of the fact that any country can decide to depose someone else and basically the rest of the world will stand by and whistle. I don't know why he decided to attack Iraq when we still hadn't caught Osama bin Laden, and I don't understand why our "ally" Pakistan won't grant us access to the mountains where we supposedly think he's hiding. I don't understand these things and I don't like the fact that life simply goes on like none of these things are of consequence. I don't like the fact that over 4,000 young Americans have died in Iraq and to call it a pointless war, somehow dishonors them. I guess the question I have now added to all these is one of Saddam, himself. If he had weapons of mass destruction and he knew his country was about to be invaded, why in the world didn't he use them? I know America would!
It is an honour for a man to cease from strife: but every fool will be meddling. a Proverb of Holy Scripture

No comments:

Blog Archive