Sunday, November 27, 2005

Statistically Speaking . . .

I have been attempting to respectfully listen to this fear propaganda regarding the bird flu. And I am trying to do it without a skeptical flippant response, but really now!
My heart and prayers go out and I mean no disrespect to the individuals and families of those that have died of this malady, but the fear and propaganda is what I am addressing.
There have been less than 200 cases diagnosed on two continents in nearly a year's time. Statistics show more people die in one week, every week; due to medication errors in American hospitals and no one is afraid of that epidemic.
And let us not forget, these powers that are proponents of fear factors have yet to see one case of this influenza that has actually been trasmitted from person to person. Unlike medication errors, which literally go from person to person. This is an epidemic that concerns me, greatly.
Let me share the statistics I have been able to locate on the web and since I found it on the internet, we know it to be factual. (sarcasm)
There have been 127 reported cases of bird flu worldwide from December 2004 to November 2005, not all resulting in death. On the other hand, there were estimated between 44,000 and 98,000 deaths due to medication errors. There have been no reports of this influenza virus being passed from human contact. Of course, we know all the reports of medication errors were a result of human contact.
We are told in the book of the Revelation; of plagues and deaths caused by animals, so is it possible that this avian flu could become a global pandemic. Absolutely!
Will fear prevent a global pandemic? Fear only prevents three things: confidence, love, and logic.
Fear not little flock . . . Luke 12:32a

No comments:

Blog Archive