Sunday, June 16, 2013

Dear Mr. President:

Every President since I became of voting age has received a letter from me, but to be honest, I just wasn't sure about what to write to you.  I can't see much difference between your administration and the previous one, except you seem so aloof.  I will tell you this, I didn't vote for him, but GW had much better correspondent banquets because he didn't mind being the butt of everyone's jokes.  They were really funny, like a roast!  Yet I digress . . .

Now, I know what I want to discuss.  Privacy.

I grew up with an intrusive micro-managing mother who kept a lock on the gate in the backyard.  She listened to my phone calls, read my diary, and her choice in the doctor was like a god.  She laid the groundwork for political correctness with mandated and enforced sibling peacekeeping.  I couldn't wait to grow up and be free!  Well, I was 43, when the USA Patriot Act was signed into being, so I did enjoy about 25 years of freedom.  Believe you me, I know the difference, from both directions in life!

Mr. President, unless you are planning to place yourself in some sort of permanent position of authority, you really don't want everyone counting down the days until 2016, do you?  I mean, I feel Washington DC is far removed from American life that it's just a matter of changing names every 4, 6, or 8 years and noticing the catchy campaign slogans that make useless promises.

I was truly hoping America would wake through the Reagan years, or at least after; but money was more important than freedom and now America is broke and we're losing our freedoms as well.  Mr. President, you have done for America what my mother did for my sister and I.  Locking us all down and making us say the right things, and don't even get me started on medical matters . . . has only served to divide the country further and cause most of us to realize, we're not even being heard.   The US of America is just as dysfunctional as the American family, and as I have learned, only the special interest groups or those in abject lock-step are accommodated.

Mr. President, the democratic party has become just as intolerant, extreme, and out of touch as the republican party; just at the other end of the political spectrum!  I've had the feeling for a few years now, the political agenda in Washington is simply to keep the people divided while our representatives and "leaders" live like aristocratic royalty . . .  For a guy that offered hope and change, and now forward, it seems the opinions of the we the people simply don't matter.  Mr. President, to feel that I'm reliving the invasively mandated, containment of my childhood, was not the change I was hoping for.

Mr. President, Sir, you should know that invasiveness, intrusion, surveillance, and containment are the opposite of freedom.
You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free ~ words of Messiah


No comments:

Blog Archive