Monday, January 16, 2012

Grassroot Campaign

If we don't vote, we don't have the right to complain . . . Well, this is America and we all want the right to complain! Amirite? So, in order to form a more perfect union in which we are free to complain, we have to find a candidate that is worthy of our vote. We have to find a candidate that isn't "politics as usual" or wealthy elite, pretending to be "average American." All of the current candidates are "The 1%." How are the rest of us ever going to have a voice, if the same group just continues to take turns? I truly believe at the end of the day, the politicians all light their cigars raise their brandy snifters and get along just fine, celebrating their award winning performances that continue to get them elected by "we the people" who are beginning to realize we feel like serfs in an aristocracy or peasants of the plutocracy. I don't want to vote for the lesser of two evils, because the lesser of two evils is still evil! I want a viable candidate that is not pretending to be average. I don't want a family values hypocrite and I don't want an elitist liberal that cares about all the people beneath them!!! I have nothing against the guys born with a silver spoon in their mouth or hand. What I don't like is their pretense that they've worked their way up and I don't like their inference that the rest of us are just not "boot-strappy" enough to be in their shoes! I want a president that is average America. I want a president that knows what it's like to actually have to worry about paying a light bill or affording groceries. I'm not talking about the extreme of poverty, I'm just talking about someone that has had to consider the juggling, the day before pay-day . . . the choice between a couple of gallons of gasoline and a gallon of milk. I'm not suggesting the boot-strappiness of hunted venison or hunger, but I am talking about the person that knows where food comes from and if they were born with a silver spoon in their mouth, to realize that fact; acknowledge that fact . . . and know all of us weren't born with the same privilege! Now I'm sure there is someone much more qualified than I, to serve as this nation's leader, but someone has to step up to the plate and get the ball rolling; so here's my offer and my platform. I am a Serial bride but I've never divorced a sick spouse for someone I was having an affair with, Newt Gingrich. I'm not a sociopath or psychopath, although I'm crazier than Tom Eagleton was ever accused of being, and I've never done cocaine. I'm not a cheer leader, although I was on the drill team, Rick Perry, and I'm not a Teavangelical, although I do follow Messiah, and when I ran for public office in 2000, the evidence proves the people cried, "give us a criminal," very much like "Give us Barabbas," so there is that! I'm definitely marching to a different drumbeat, but I've never sought treatment for depression, I like the different drumbeat! My platform is simple in this party of "Choice" which does not divide life and choice and neither do I. I will not require anyone to have my beliefs as proven by my marriage . . . but I will live and make decisions according to my beliefs that I am to treat all others as I'd like to be treated. I will repeal Obamacare, in that insurance will not be the legal strong arm of the government, but all those that desire medical coverage will be offered a public option. I will sign, by executive order, that no herb of creation is illegal. For the next generation and the one after that, although I cannot and will not reduce medicare and social security for those that believe they are the entitled, I will sign into law, the forgiveness of student loan debt that is 5 years or older and will offer all those in college now, a choice. You can opt to pay as you go or receive scholarships. There will be no student loan debt for the next 10 years. If you are gifted for a higher education, you will qualify for scholarships at some school, even if it is not the most expensive one of your choosing. There will be no more instant gratification without considering the long term cost for the next generation. We simply must STOP "kicking the can down the road."
As for "job creation," I have started two companies in the midst of the economic downturn and will encourage others to do the same. I will not promise to finance new businesses, but I do promise to penalize outsourcing, by taxation. As for my foreing policy, We, do not have the right to tell the rest of the world how to do things, and by the way, the rest of the world doesn't think we are doing that "whiz bang" of a job, anyway, so we will keep our treaties, covenants, and obligations, but we will not be starting anything new, and as for my domestic policy . . . that is my already mentioned platform. We will not be throwing money at anything and calling it a solution! As your candidate, I am a mother and grandma that doesn't want to leave a burden of debt on the next generation. That is certainly no inheritance! I will, as a candidate, stop dividing the people, and lead us to come together for the sake of the Union and the sake of the next generation.
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. New Tesatament

No comments:

Blog Archive